Friday 18 January 2008

coffee anyone?

Hoona Dog fine foods coffee and tasty stuff.

This is my current favourite coffee place. A little out of the way for me to get to, but I leave home twenty minutes earlier to stop by on my way to work anyway.

Located in the Centrepark arcade, on Currie street in Nambour, Hoona Dog doesn't look like much. Furniture that would not be out of place in a Melbourne lane cafe, that is somewhat mismatching but practical, and a single cold cabinet filled with different offerings, one would be tempted to walk past without paying much attention. However, for those in the know it is the unassuming nature of Hoona Dog and the owners that holds the appeal.

Food is fresh, with a standard daily menu. The choices are well thought out and there is something to suit everyone. I particularly like that they will customise some things to suit the individual (particularly pesky vegetarian eaters).

They use Montville coffee, the Woodford blend a suits most tastes coffee. My usual cup is a three shot latte. This caffeine hit will last all day without being over filling. I am slightly addicted to the ritual of having coffee from here in the mornings, the owners are very infectious in their manner, remembering customers and identifying what coffee they have (I don't have to order, my arrival at the store announcement enough of my order). Plus Darren really knows how to make good coffee, and there is something to be said when someone actually knows their way around an espresso machine.

If you're in Nambour and looking for somewhere to eat, I cannot recommend Hoona Dog enough. Well worth the extra twenty minutes for me each morning.

No comments: